SFA To Host Defending SLC Champion Bearkats
March 27, 2013
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- The 'Jacks will continue a season-long, eight-game homestand on Thursday vs Sam Houston State. SFA is 20-37 all-time against the Bearkats, having lost five of the last six in the series over the past two years. SFA is 4-5 vs SHSU in Nacogdoches, with the 'Kats having swept SFA in its last trip to Jaycees Field in 2011.
- SFA has three individuals currently leading the Southland in an offensive category as Ricardo Sanchez currently leads the league with a .437 batting average, while Hunter Dozier leads with a .744 slugging percentage and five home runs.
- Dozier enters Thursday riding a team-high, 10-game hit streak. During that streak he is hitting .513 (20 of 39) with four homers, seven doubles, 13 RBI, 11 runs scored and an 1.000 slugging percentage.
- Sanchez also ranks second in the league in slugging percentage (.563) and fourth on-base percentage (.488), while Dozier is second in on-base percentage (.510).
- SFA's .288 batting average is tied with Sam Houston State for second in the Southland as as a team, while its 17 homers are five more than anyone else in the league.