SFA To Battle TCU in Fort Worth On Wednesday
April 9, 2013
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Wednesday's can be followed via Gametracker, watched live on Frog Vision or listened to on the air on KTCU 88.7 FM. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA will make its first trip to Fort Worth since a 4-3 win over then No. 11 TCU in 2011. Before that SFA victory, the Horned Frogs had won seven in a row in the series dating back to 1990, nad including a 10-2 win in 2009 in Fort Worth. SFA is 3-9 all-time vs TCU, including 2-6 on the road.
- SFA currently sports one of the most powerful offenses in the league, ranking first in the Southland with a .407 slugging percentage and 22 home runs. SFA also ranks in the top three in the SLC in doubles and walks.
- Hunter Dozier saw his 16-game hit streak come to and end on Sunday with an 0-for-3 outing in the series finale vs Oral Roberts; however, a walk in his final at-bat did extend his streak of reaching base to 21 consecutive games. He has 18 walks to only 11 strikeouts in those 21 games, while hitting safely in 19 of them with a .446 batting average, .557 on-base percentage and .923 slugging percentage.
- Since taking over a late-inning role early in the year, reliever Brett Higginbotham has been nearly unhittable. In his last 10 appearances, the sidewinding senior righty has the following numbers: 3-1 record, 2 saves, 0.50 ERA, 18.0 IP, 7 hits allowed, .167 batting average, 1 run allowed, 18 strikeouts and just four walks.
- Dozier is cementing his name in the SFA record books this season, having already set the all-time doubles record and rapidly moving up in a number of other categories. The junior infielder needs just one more double to reach 50 for his career and one more RBI to reach 100 for his career. He also has moved into fourth all-time in hits and needs 36 more hits to surpass Zach Gardner's 223 hits for the all-time top mark at SFA.
- SFA has not committed an error since its series finale vs Sam Houston State on March 30. It has been 42.0 innings since SFA's last fielding miscue, the longest such streak for the `Jacks since restarting the program for the 2006 season.