SFA Looks To Clich SLC Tourney Berth vs Colonels
May 16, 2012
Game Notes & What To Watch For:
- Each game can be followed via Live Stats at www.sfajacks.com, or via the Nicholls radio call with Mike Wagenheim on the mic at www.geauxcolonels.com. Fans can also follow along on the official SFA Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up-to-date information on all games.
- SFA is 17-24 against the Colonels, but have dominated the series as of late, winning 11 of the last 15 meetings overall since 2007, including taking two of three last season in Nacogdoches. A sweep would guarantee a berth in next week's Southland Conference Tournament, but SFA could also potentially get in with as little as one win and a combination of losses from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Lamar and Northwestern State.
- The Colonels won a key series last weekend to keep their postseason hopes alive, taking two of three at home from Northwestern State. Nicholls needs to sweep the 'Jacks to avoid elimination from next week's Southland Conference Tournament.
- Sophomore shortstop Hunter Dozier currently leads the Lumberjacks with a .350 batting average and ranks in the top 10 in the SLC in batting average, hits, runs scored, homers, doubles, walks and slugging percentage. His 20 doubles leads the SLC and he is looking to become just the second Lumberjack, and the first since Rodd Hairston in 1991, to lead the Southland Conference in two-baggers.
- SFA will honor its 11-member senior class before Saturday's game. The senior class consists of: Zack Taylor, Alex Moshier, Colton Eubanks, Cory Ochs, Chris Hernandez, Bobby Loveless, Adam Mann, Bryce Cummings, Tomas Solano, Jarid Scarafiotti and Brad Oates.