MBB Game Notes: at Southeastern La.
Feb. 16, 2013
SFA (21-2, 12-1 SLC) at Southeastern Louisiana (9-13, 7-5 SLC)
• The Lions are one of just four teams to have held a lead on the ‘Jacks at the half this year, but finished with just 36 total points and hit just 3 of 16 shots from the field in the second half of the team’s first meeting in Nacogdoches, a 52-40 SFA win.
THE LAST TIME OUT
• SFA’s 11-game win streak came to an end at Northwestern State. At the time it was the second-longest active win streak in the country. The ‘Jacks have also won 15 games in a row at William R. Johnson Coliseum, a mark tied for sixth best in the country.
• Stephen F. Austin and Wisconsin are the only two programs in the nation to be ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense each of the last five seasons.
• Taylor Smith became SFA’s all-time shot blocker vs McNeese St., moving past Matt Kingsley (102)
• SFA is 35-7 since the the beginning of the 2011 calendar year.
• The Lumberjacks enter Saturday's game averaging just 49.7 points allowed per game, the lowest mark in the country. No team in the nation has ended the year allowing an average of less than 50 points per game since the 1992-93 Princeton Tigers.
SFA WITH THE ELITE: SFA dropped just its second game of the season at Northwestern State, but still ranks at the top of the country with its 20-2 record, joining Gonzaga and Duke as the only three teams in teh nation with just two losses.